top of page
  • Writer's pictureRoyal Restoration

Water Damage Restoration Claims

Updated: Jan 3, 2022

If you experience water damage in your home, contact David at Royal Restoration right away to begin the process of drying out affected areas of your home and minimizing more extensive and costly damage. Also, contact your insurance company to determine if the damage is covered by your homeowners' policy. MOST types of water damage is covered, depending primarily on the source of the water.

Water damage restoration claims, according the a recent article at Forbes website, 1 in 50 homeowners will file a water damage claim each year, at the average cost of around $10,000.

Burst pipes from freezing is typically covered. Although, an insurance agent MAY deny your claim if you intentionally turned off the heat in a winter cabin or seasonal residence, and the lack of heat was the primary source for water damage. If that's the case, you may end up paying out of pocket.

Water damage from a fire is covered almost without exception. If you experience a fire in your home or office, the water used by the fire department or the sprinkler systems that causes damage to floors, floorboards and drywall is considered "covered" water damage.

Water leaks from a broken appliance such as your dishwasher or washing machine is usually covered by the typical homeowners' policy, especially if the failure was within the appliance.

Regardless of the type of water damage, it's VITAL to contact a water damage restoration professional as soon as possible to begin the process of restoration and avoid more expensive mold or air quality issues later by waiting. David at Royal restoration is referred and trusted by local insurance agents throughout Enid, Lahoma, Garfield County and surround areas in Oklahoma. Royal will be there from start to finish to ensure your home or office is restored to pre-flood conditions, and help you understand the process every step of the way.

5 views0 comments


bottom of page